• Tuscarawas County Bar Association
• Ohio State Bar Association
• American Bar Association.
• Tuscarawas Society for Children and Adults - Rainbow Connection, current board member, legal counsel, past president
• Eagle Boy Scout (1968)
• R.T.Y. Board Member/Legal Counsel, operates Tuscora Park rides and concessions
• New Philadelphia Quaker Club, current Board member
• Park Place Youth Center, Founding Board Member
• New Philadelphia Elks, member/golf league
• First United Methodist Church, member
• Tuscarawas County Center for the Arts, current board member/secretary
1. Represented a young family who were unable to have children in one of the County’s earliest, if not first, private adoption.
2. Negotiated many acres of oil and gas leases for shale oil and gas, achieving higher than average bonus, rent payments, and royalty percentages. Services were done on a consultation fee basis rather than a percentage of rent and royalty income.
3. Prepares will and trust documents for clients to address income and inheritance tax issues, special needs children, charitable intents, and business succession matters.
4. Coordinated water and sewer district and municipal borrowing (loan and bonds) transactions ranging from $30,000 to purchase fire equipment to $6.8 million for entire system construction.
5. Negotiated a $20+ Million asset sale of a longtime local business.
6. Represented a same sex married couple in the adoption of their daughter in the first such case in our County.
D. Brad Zimmerman
Real Estate Transactions
Government Entity Counsel
Municipal/Water and Sewer District
Brad joined the firm in 1978 and currently serves as Secretary. He continues to maintain an Ohio Title Agent license and oversee real estate transactions. He possesses extensive experience in real estate development, commercial and residential financing, and title law.
Brad also has extensive experience counseling large and small commercial businesses, medical and professional practices, as well as businesses dealing with day to day employee, vendor and contractual problems. He regularly handles probate and adoption matters, as well as preparing and revising estate and trust plans.
Brad serves as legal counsel to the Atwood Regional Water and Sewer District, Tuscarawas County Metropolitan Sewer District and the Village of Midvale, Ohio. Brad has experience negotiating oil, gas and coal leases as well as clearing title issues to allow our clients to enter into new leases.
Brad is a New Philadelphia, Ohio native and son of founder Donald W. Zimmerman. He frequently makes speaking presentations on various estate and business planning matters.
Brad, and his wife, Zoe reside in Dover. They have two sons Andy and Michael and two grandsons, Noah and Julian. Brad is a long time Auburn University fan. War Eagle!
• J.D., Case Western Reserve School of Law, 1978
• B.A., Ohio Wesleyan University, 1975